NuWell 410 Chlorine Enhancer
NuWell 410 Chlorine Enhancer
– Used with hypochlorite to increase effectiveness of chlorination
– Maintains pH in well at 6.5 during chlorination, increasing hypochlorus acid
– Increases bacteriological activity by more than 100 times that of hypochlorite
– Contains a penetrant to allow deeper and more complete disinfection
– Controls calcium in hard water to increase the effectiveness of calcium
– NSF certified for potable water well use
Nu-Well 410 is a unique chemistry that improves the biocidal capabilities of
chlorine while increasing the treatment area and providing secondary cleaning
– significantly enhancing traditional chlorination efforts. Nu-Well 410 is applied
based on the water chemistry and chlorine concentrations, maximizing chlorine
effectiveness, specific to your well.
Laboratory testing and field trials demonstrate that successful well chlorination is achieved with a chlorine concentration of
200 ppm. The following procedures are recommended for using Nu-Well 410 chlorine enhancer with chlorine concentrations
of 200 ppm.
1. Determine the static volume, the amount of Nu-Well 410 chlorine enhancer and the amount of chlorine product necessary
to treat the well according (Consideration should be given to increasing this volume by two to four times to allow sufficient
disinfectant solution to reach all areas of the well and borehole that can harbor coliform bacteria or other contaminating
2. In a tank on the surface, add the amount of Nu-Well 410 chlorine enhancer to water as estimated from dosage guide. Mix
the solution; and measure the pH. The pH of the solution should be between 4.5 and 5 before adding the hypochlorite. All
mixing should be done in a well-ventilated area. Caution: When chlorine is placed in an acid pH of 5.0 or lower, chlorine
gas can be released. When the hypochlorite solution or powder is added, the pH will rise immediately, preventing any
further chlorine release, but you should add the hypochlorite quickly and move away until the pH rises.
3. Place the chlorine solution in the well, evenly washing down the upper levels of the well before you place the solution
throughout the water column
4. Agitate or surge the mixture to ensure good coverage. Let the solution stand in the well for 5 to 12 hours. Additional
agitation before removal is beneficial.
Nu-Well 410 chlorine enhancer is buffered to hold the pH at the optimal level. However, if additional Nu-Well 410 chlorine
enhancer is required, blend in a volume equal to 25 percent of the original mixed volume and add carefully so that the
pH does not drop below 5.0, resulting in release of chlorine gas.
5. Pump the solution to the surface, neutralize using Nu-Well 500 Chlorout, and discharge in accordance with local rules and
Physical properties, shipping and handling
Appearance: Clear, light amber liquid
Density: 9.3 lbs./gal.
pH (as shipped): 2.4 – 3.4
Specific Gravity: 1.12
Freeze point: 26 °F (-3 °C)
Solubility (in water): 100%
Use range: 0.01 to 1% by volume
– This product is not considered dangerous and does not require special handling
– Avoid contact with strong acids or alkaline-based products
– Not regulated as a hazardous material under 49CFR 172.101, RECRA, SARA and
– 1 gal. and 5 gal. containers can be shipped by UPS ground delivery
– Additional physical and handling data are available on the product SDS
– Nu-Well 410 chlorine enhancer is available in 1, 5, 30 and 55 gal.
Contact ECT for pricing information.